Ruth's Cottage Domestic Violence Shelter
Be A Champion of Hope
BE A CHAMPION OF HOPE
Sporting Clays Tournament
Watch for more information to be mailed soon.
Ruth’s Cottage, P.O. Box 2727, Tifton, GA 31793 • p: 229.387.9697 • f: 229.387.8800
SAVE THE DATE
Saturday, September 14, 2013
Green Lakes Hunting
127 Phlox Rd, Ocilla, GA
Ruth's Cottage provides a 12 bed confidential safe shelter to victims and their children in need of emergency residential services. Programs for children and adults are centered on safety planning, enhancing life skills, building self esteem, improving anger and stress management, and building communication skills.
How Does a Woman Get Into Ruth's Cottage?
- The client calls the toll free Crisis Line (1-800-33-HAVEN).
- The client describes her situation to the person on the Crisis Line and answers basic questions.
- The client is told and must agree to the shelter rules.
- Arrangements are made for the client to come into shelter.
- Living at the shelter is voluntary. Clients are free to leave whenever they choose.
24-hour Crisis Hotline
Our crisis hotline is available and will be answered by a human voice 24-hours a day, 365 days a year.
Once a person has made the decision to leave an abusive relationship, we will do all that we can to help that person establish a normal, stable environment for themselves and their children.
If a client chooses a legal advocate can contact the client to discuss the situation and determine if there are grounds for a temporary protective order to be granted.
Does Your Partner Ever...
- Hit, kick, shove or injure you?
- Use weapons/ objects against you or threaten you?
- Force or coerce you to engage in unwanted sexual acts?
- Threaten to hurt you or others, have you deported, disclose your sexual orientation or other personal information?
- Control what you do and who you see in a way that interferes with your work education, or other personal activities?
- Steal or destroy your belongings?
- Constantly criticize you, call you names or put you down?
- Deny your basic needs such as food, housing, clothing, or medical and physical assistance?
- Make you feel afraid?
If you answered "yes" to any of the above, it may be time to think about your safety.
The mission of Ruth's Cottage is to end domestic and sexual violence, as well as child sexual and physical abuse, through a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to investigations, advocacy, and support, while working in the community to change attitudes, beliefs and behaviors.