Ruth's Cottage Domestic Violence Shelter
Summer is here and we have lots to do!
- Tift Judicial Circuit Family Violence Task Force Meeting, Friday July 31, First Presbyterian Church – We could use volunteers to assist with this third meeting of the group. Guests are coming from all of our counties so we need greeters, and help at registration/name tag table. We are currently looking for lunch and dessert sponsors.
Domestic Violence Awareness Month- This is in October but we need a committee to form ASAP to plan!
- If you are interested in being on a committee to help plan this month of events, let us know.
Patticake House Pediatric SANE Project
- We have got our plans and working on making initial steps. If you can help with construction or have access to materials in building or medical supplies, we would love to have your help.
Ruth’s Cottage: Our shelter needs help in a few ways.
- We have a deck/ramp in the back which needs minor repair and painting.
- We have several areas and items which need pressure washing.
- Our gutters need cleaning out.
- We need a ramp for access to the playground from lower level.
- Assisting at the PCH with taking surveys, clerical tasks and phone answering – ongoing real need.
- Our RCPCH Administrative Office continues to have some organization and filing needs.
- While we have one volunteer already willing, we would love to have others on a “call” list to take minutes at our board and executive committee meeting. If this interests you, please let us know.
- We are still in dire need of space for our RCPCH “store” to house donated items for our clients and all of our Suitcases for Kids toys, bags and clothing. While we have some places we are working on, this continues to be our most urgent and difficult need to fulfill. Once a place is located we will need a LOT of help to move.
The mission of Ruth's Cottage is to end domestic and sexual violence, as well as child sexual and physical abuse, through a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to investigations, advocacy, and support, while working in the community to change attitudes, beliefs and behaviors.